A hands-on role in a great, well established business which plans to grow from 500 one-man limited company clients to 750 over the next year. The individual will have a varied role in the business. The job will be demanding and will suit a career focused person who is keen to learn and be determined to progress.
The successful candidate will be responsible for communicating with clients, maintaining client records in a specially designed software for approximately 75 PSC’s, prep of Quarterly VAT returns, filing of accounts and tax returns in respect of all limited company clients and filing of personal tax returns for directors.
This will require excellent communication, planning and organisational skills. This person must be constantly monitoring and evaluating priorities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have AAT qualification or be ACCA part qualified or be an accounting & finance grad.
- Have minimum B grade in GCSE Mathematics.
- Have detailed knowledge of the SAGE accounts system or a similar.
- Have a very strong bias towards high level customer service.
- Have great attention to details with a professional approach to problem solving.
- Be confident, very self-motivated and comfortable with challenging others and being challenged themselves.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be gregarious, engaging and keen to learn new skills.
- Must be able to work very well under pressure.
- Must be ambitious and keen to embrace new challenges.
Core Responsibilities – deliver a structured accounting service to customers including the following:
- Take a customer “lead” through a selling process to company set up.
- Register the company for all relevant taxes.
- Secure the company information from clients every quarter in order to prepare quarterly management accounts.
- Preparation of year end accounts without error within three months of company year ends.
- Issuing company accounts for director’s signature and on-time filing at Companies House.
- Timely prep, delivery and on-time submission of Quarterly VAT returns.
- Prepare PAYE/NI returns, issuing directors and ensure on-time submissions.
- Corporation tax computation, timely payments and CT600 filings.
There will be a 2-hour, face to face interview process, preceded by a 15 minute telephone interview:
1)Numeracy exercise (15 mins)
2)Excel competency (15 mins)
3)Q&A (45 mins)
4)A personality profiling questionnaire.
About Manchester Staff:
Manchester Staff are a specialist recruitment business focused on delivering highly experienced and reputable permanent staff to local businesses.
We can offer:
– Free support and advice to help you with your job search.
– Full interview support including a pre-interview call with a specialist consultant and coaching on interview tips and techniques.
– After placement support.