Sector: Education, Apprenticeships and Employability
Location: Head office in Manchester city centre with some travel to our office in Rotherham
Salary: Up to £45k + Uncapped Bonus
This role is fundamental to the success of the company’s apprenticeship and employability departments. This role involves managing and driving forward the company’s office and field-based apprenticeship and employability sales force, which currently consists of 5 apprenticeship Business Development Managers, 2 Recruitment Managers and 12 Recruitment Resourcers.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Part of the Senior Management Team this role reports directly into the company’s Commercial Director.
- Overall responsibility for the performance of the apprenticeship sales department.
- Overall responsibility for the performance of the employability sales department.
- Coaching and training of office and field-based sales teams.
- Ownership of the sales department P and L report.
- Complete weekly reports on the performance of all sales staff.
- Conduct monthly one 2 one’s with all sales staff based around KPI’s and performance.
- Liaise with Head of Apprenticeships and Head of Employability to forecast and deliver, starts across all provisions.
- Conducting weekly best practice meetings with the sales teams
- Handle all escalated learner and employer queries and complaints
- Supporting the compliance team to ensure they receive high quality starts.
- Support other department heads as and when required.
- Manage the sales departments HR responsibilities in line with company policies
- Maintain the company’s core values
- Keep abreast of funding changes and growth opportunities within the industry
- Recruitment of sales personnel.
- Contribute to the overall sales strategy of the Group
- Maintain morale of the sales team
- Attend SMT meetings when required.
Candidates must have experience in the education sector and be able to demonstrate that they can manage and motivate sales staff to achieve results. For the right candidate we can offer the opportunity to progress to Director level in the future. This job description describes (but does not limit) the main duties and responsibilities expected to be undertaken by the employee. This is subject to change and variation as is necessary to respond to the needs of the business
- At least 5 years proven experience of working in the teaching and learning sector
- track record of managing successful sales teams
- Evidence of being able to win new business
- Experience of holding P and L responsibilities.
- Experience of selling recognised qualifications.
- Hold a recognised training/teaching qualification
- Hold a recognised Management Qualification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be results focused and driven
- Have a keen eye for detail and a strong drive to maintain standards
- Strong communication and ICT skills
- Be confident, professional and flexible
- Be highly self-motivated with the ability to work effectively on own initiative and as part of a team, as and when required
About the Employer:
Founded in 2012, our client is an apprenticeship and employability training provider who has trained 10,000+ of people throughout the UK.