Manchester Staff has an exciting new opportunity with one of our fastest growing clients.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer that is not afraid of experimenting with new technology to help drive the business into the future and help guide a team of data scientists to success.
The team you’ll be working with had of several departments, data engineering is just one of those.
Our client has a city centre office location with excellent facilities. Our client will with support you with learning and development opportunities so you can build and excel within your career.
Day to Day
- Lead a data engineering team of data architects, design and deliver analytics, data integration solutions.
- Work closely with the Data Science Director to expand Google Cloud and related data platform capabilities.
- Create new and exciting data solutions to help speed up, automate and enable the team and clients to work more effectively with data.
- Undertake campaign administration, maintenance tasks and client communication, make recommendations on improving client output.
- Perform ongoing tests and reports on systems.
- Assist and develop junior team members and help guide them to better practices and principles.
- Comfortable managing and setting up Google Cloud instances (AppEngine, BigQuery).
- Comfortable configuring our data pipelines, data warehouses and connectors using SQL, Google App Script and working with APIs, Excel.
- Expert in Google Analytics, dataLayer, Tagmanager, event tracking configuration and container management.
- Have a good grasp of configuration requirements for cookie control mechanisms (Cookiebot, OneTrust).
- Excellent organisational skills to help assist and develop our data architects on daily projects.
- Excellent written and communication skills to assist the team with written briefs, and also provide technical advice and consultancy for stakeholders/clients in a clear and effective way.
- Be as enthusiastic and unafraid as our client is in experimenting with exciting, new technologies.
- Creatively use the technology and tools that you need to help solve real world data problems.
- Salary up to £45k depending on experience.
- Flexibility to work from home after Covid restrictions are lifted.
- Excellent career development and support.
- Regular R&D – new tech opportunities.
- Private healthcare for you and your family.
- Enhanced holiday programme.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Quarterly staff perks (extra paid leave)
- Social calendar.