Senior DevOps Engineer
Manchester Staff are now on the hunt for a senior DevOps Engineer to join one of their fastest growing and leading clients in Manchester. Our client is growing rapidly and is looking for an experienced DevOps professional to join their talented team to help drive the company further towards their high goals.
The successful applicant will develop, support and be responsible for the Cloud Infrastructure for our client’s SaaS, which is based on AWS architecture. You will work with the Engineering teams maintain and improve overall performance.
Our client use a wide range of AWS services and this role is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to progress their career, learn and develop their skillset. Manchester Staff’s client is a high growth company and this opportunity will give the successful candidate the chance to grow with them as they expand!
- Oversee the implementation, operations, and maintenance of SaaS platform and systems, which is based in AWS.
- Participate in cross functional teams to contribute to the overall architecture and design for Adopt.
- Work closely with relevant teams to help define and maintain SLA, data security policies.
- Plan, promote, maintain and execute certifications, network and architecture planning and changes, performance improvements, systems and tools for monitoring and managing high availability and DR.
- Maintain, develop, and improve the monitoring, resilience, and security of our platform.
- Manage vendor relationships with third party’s hardware, software and application hosting providers as needed. Monitor service levels agreements and report to senior management.
- Monitor the tech landscape. Evaluate and select technologies which can help to improve their product.
- Enhancement and maintenance of a reliable technical infrastructure for both internal and external customer facing product needs, that meets appropriate SLA’s.
- Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility in line with company annual ISO compliance.
Skills & Experience Needed
- At least 4 years of experience in DevOps or Infrastructure Engineering for a high scale SaaS web service/site.
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure, networking and system components such as TCP/IP, Switches, Routers, DNS, Storage – NAS/SAN, Windows/Linux, Middleware components, load balancing and high availability cluster solutions.
- In depth understanding of shared, distributed computing infrastructure platforms and environments.
- Experience with AWS is essential. Knowledge of a range of services. The ones mostly uses are (API Gateway, Lambda, RDS, EC2, ECS). AWS certifications would be a major plus.
- Knowledge of Docker
- Database management (MySql in RDS).
Desirable Experience – Not Essential
Experience in the following will be beneficial, however training can be provided.
- Experience in defining and communicating SLAs, data security policies and certifications for a SaaS company.
- Experience with information security and ISO27001.
- Vendor selection and management experience.
- Ability to monitor SLAs with software, and third-party application hosting providers and report status to senior management. Assist in budget process by providing information regarding ongoing costs of SaaS delivery platform.
Negotiable salary – circa £70k + benefits.
Hybrid working – 2 days in the Manchester office per week.
About Manchester Staff – Manchester Staff are a specialist recruitment business focused on delivering highly experienced and reputable permanent staff to local businesses.
We can offer:
– Free support and advice to help you with your job search.
– Full interview support including a pre-interview call with a specialist consultant and coaching on interview tips and techniques.
– After placement support.