Job Title: Business Development Executive – Events & Sponsorship
Salary: Up to £25k basic (£35k OTE) + comprehensive benefits package
Location: Manchester City Centre in one of the best office locations with amazing amenities such as Fruit Water and Roasted Coffee, living-room-style communal lounges & more!
Skills: Telesales, Business Development, Lead Gen, Events / Media Sales / Sponsorship Sales
The successful candidate will report to our Head of Business Development and will be responsible for researching and contacting prospects to secure new business and sponsorship revenue. This role is a mix of corporate event sales and sponsorship/exhibitor sales.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Making high-volume and quality outbound sales calls
- Producing weekly call reports for the Head of Business Development
- Securing quality appointments based on market intelligence
- Securing contracted roster opportunities
- Entering data on to the organisation’s CRM system
- Researching and connecting with key decision makers through online networking and networking events
You will need to demonstrate the following skills to a high level:
- Excellent communication skills
- Objection handling skills
- Persistence and resilience
- An ability to think on your feet
- Self-motivated and driven but a strong team player
- An understanding of the events and creative industry
- Ideally have a minimum 12 months experience of achieving success in a similar new business position.
About the Employer:
Our client is a large events and creative agency, based in Manchester city centre, who have been around for 40 years and have worked in over 80 countries. From smooth, sophisticated conferences to high-flying incentives, they pride theirselves on producing events and campaigns that drive change and deliver ROI for their clients.